Modern Fundraising 101
Crowdfunding Campaigns vs. Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Fundraising
What's the difference and why should you care?
Crowdfunding and P2P Fundraising are pivotal for Non-Profits and can cater to a diverse support base.
Crowdfunding campaigns are versatile appeals for your community’s support. You can use this type of fundraising to create a campaign landing page to accept general donations, raise money for a specific project, or drive support for a time-based initiative.
- Create a general donation page
- Design specific landing pages that cater to different segments of donors
- Run a campaign for a specific day, such as a national awareness day or #GivingTuesday
P2P campaigns share fundraising with social networks for more impact and a further reach. This way you can potentially raise more money with the power of people. Most basic tools in this area let people create their own personalized fundraising pages related to your campaign.
- Allows for individual supporters to take action
- Create a personalized campaign based on achieving meaningful activity goals
- Expand support base and increase awareness through social connectivity and fundraising sponsorship
Integrating both types of fundraising into your Non-Profit's development strategy allows for fundraising opportunities all year long. P2P Campaigns will expand your giving base and in turn raise awareness for more traditional Crowdfunding Campaigns. What's more important, P2P Fundraising is increasingly relevant in a socially interconnected tech-world. Non-Profits can uniquely benefit from individual social responsibility and create meaningful connections for your cause.