Promoting mental health is a critical part of overall wellness.
Like no other time in history we know we need to invest in employee mental health but how!? Employees provide all the tools to keep a company in great shape, but how do we return the favor? Mental wellness is important to touch on as the mental state of your employees is beyond valuable.
These stats show just how important it is to take care of your team:
- In any given year, 1 in 5 employed adults in the U.S. experiences a mental health issue, including depression, anxiety, and insomnia
- Worldwide, 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health issue in any given year
- 1 in 25 adults, or 9.8 million Americans, will experience a mental illness this year that is serious enough to interfere with or impact major life activities
- Kids are not immune either: 1 in 5 youths (21.4%) between the ages of 13-18, and 13% of children aged 8-15, live with a severe mental health disorder
- At some point in almost everyone’s life, they will experience a mental health crisis or challenge
- More than 10 million adults have an unmet need for mental health treatment
Life is hectic for everyone! Between work, family and social responsibilities, stress can get the best of anyone.
Sometimes, the greatest thing we can do for ourselves is to take a break.
If you find yourself overwhelmed, set aside a few minutes for meditation. It has the power to relax the body and the mind, improving overall well-being.
Spend Quality Time with Friends and Family
Companionship is vital for our health. It benefits mental wellness in several key ways, such as:
- Increases your sense of belonging and purpose
- Boosts happiness and reduces stress
- Improves confidence and self-worth
- Helps you cope with trauma
Getting physically active is a proven method to keep mental health in check:
- Decreases stress, anger and tension
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Offers a greater sense of well-being
With MaximusLife there are several ways to get your company involved in each aspect of mental health with simple action-based tools. At MaximusLife we have custom content and challenges that involve meditation, yoga, and all aspects of mental health.
We also give employees simple ways to track activity and launch a variety of different challenges through each of our wellbeing tools.